Site Meter

Friday, January 28, 2011

Tip's and tricks: Palate cleanser

Dear Lacqueristas,

Ever felt like an overkill of bold, superduper extra special finish polishes? Like you can't fully appreciate your polish because there has been so much over the top polish on your nails? As if your eyes are tired of all this visual stimulation?
I sure have. I found the solution long time ago. Let me share this with you.

Palate cleansers, by nature, are used in the middle of a meal to remove lingering flavors from the mouth so that the next course may be enjoyed with a fresh perspective.

You might wonder how this would work in nail polish? I'd say, think nude and neutral. A palate cleanser is not the same as a mannequin shade, as that is a shade to mimic your skin tone and a palate cleanser is a serene, calming shade that does not have to match your skin tone.

I figured out that I enjoy wearing white-ish, pale pinkish/nude colors that are lighter then my skin tone. Here are some examples:

OPI Pink-a-Doodle
OPI Bubble Bath (black label)


Chanel Jade Rose

OPI Fair Pinkum Dinkum. This is my very favorite palate cleanser.

Dior 189 Poreclain Rose

Wearing a palate cleanser works better for me then having naked nails. I like to alternate creme, opaque palate cleansers and semi-jelly ones. I love it when they have shimmer or even a lil micro glitter. Whenever I wear one, my nails look so clean and well groomed and it puts me in a serene state of mind, visual wise.

After wearing a palate cleanser for a day or two, I  appreciate wearing my *crazy* bold, in your face nail polishes so much more. It's like I fall in love all over again.
I think everyone can find some palate cleansers that work best for them. Here are some other shades that work for me:

Zoya              - Danielle
OPI               - Matched Luggage
OPI               - Tickets to Paradise
OPI               - Canberra't Without You
Chanel           - Mica Rose
Chanel           - Allegoria
Dior               - 108 Coconut
Models Own - Buff Pink
Where you familliar with the concept of using palate cleansers in a nail polish way? What are your favorite shades?

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!