Site Meter

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chanel swatchaton goes on... 209 Marilyn, 453 Magnolia Rose, 471 Ming, 210 Lilac Sky

Dear Lacqueristas,

As you might have noticed with my last 2 posts, I had a Chanel swatchaton going on. Reason was that I have so many untried Chanels that I never even swatched before. So here we go:


209 Marilyn

209 Marilyn. So pretty it deserved another picture :-)
Close up

Chanel 209 Marilyn has been discontinued for some time now and that's an absolute shame since this is one of my favorite Chanels. I love wearing this polish,  looks good on both tips and toes and applies like a dream. Potential one coater but not when you photograph in macro settings :-)

The weird thing about Marilyn is that it is a raspberry shade with some orange or coral that makes it a bit warm. In this base color you will find lots of silver shimmer. Once applied on the nail, it balances perfectly to a neutral tone. Very flattering and flirty! In my personal Chanel top 3.


453 Magnolia Rose in the sun (escuse the frazzle)

Chanel 543 Magnolia Rose is a soft, tender pink with silvery shimmer. It is pretty sheer, I applied 4 coats to reach bottle color. It is a fresh looking color, not stark but healthy and well groomed looking. In the bottle the shimmer looks almost like micro-glitter but once applied on the nail, this doesn't really show.

453 Magnolia Rose in the shade. See the glittah in the bottle?

Bottle pic!

Chanel 471Ming is a soft pink with peachy undertones that make it way too warm for me. Look:

(had to censor the frazzle)

Not flattering. It looks...meaty to me, if that makes sense. Fleshy. Like I have been digging paté sausage with my fingers. Not my kinda color. Application didn't please me, hence the frazzle. I bet this polish would look awesome on warmer, tan or asian skin.


Chanel 210 Lilac Sky

Lilac Sky

210 Lilac sky is a shade that balances cool pink and lilac. Lavendery. With shimmer. Pretty and summery. Application was surprisingly good. Just two coats for these swatches! I think it would look better on a tanned person but I would wear it nontheless.

See the shimmer? Yummy!

Well, you see, I haven't forgot about blogging. Thanks for the emails though, that motivates me to keep posting even when it's busy in my personal and professional life ;-)

Thanks for reading, dear Lacqueristas, and if you want me to do comparisions for any of the reviewed polishes, let me know!

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!

3 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments but please be respectfull and don't post links to your own blog :-)