Site Meter

Thursday, October 28, 2010

MAC Bad Fairy... No dupe here! A comparison.

Dear Lacqueristas,

MAC Bad fairy is supposed to be dupe-ed by OPI The Show Must Go On. See for yourself:

No dupe to be found.

Personally, I don't see the dupe. The Show Must Go On is more vibrant toned and doesn't have the foil/glitter finish as Bad Fairy has going on. The duo chrome is 10x more evident on Bad Fairy, in TSMGO is kinda dies on the nail.
If anything, color wise Bad Fairy reminds me a little bit of Chanel Salsa (swatches here)

Now on to more pics of Bad Fairy.




Duo chrome!!!

Mac's Bad Fairy is a pretty unique polish if it were to be released a year ago. Nowadays there's TONS of these glittery/foil/duo chrome polishes. The thing that does make Bad Fairy stand out is the color. In the pics it is a bit washed out but inreal life the color switches between a warm pink and a gold. I don't love it on my skintone but I'm sure it's awesome on warmer toned fingers.
I don't think Bad Fairy is available anywhere anymore, it was sold out in a flash. If you are lucky you could find one on Ebay.

Can you think of a polish to dupe Bad Fairy?

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!