Site Meter

Monday, August 23, 2010

OPI DS Reflection

Dear Lacqueristas,

Meet OPI Designer Series Reflection:


Aaaaand here:


I wore this manicure for a full day but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. In my memory it looks somewhat similar to China Glaze TMI, they both have the same pretty base color but are both blurred and washed out by the holo particles when you are not in direct sunlight. When you are in full sunlight though, it is much prettier. My favourite holo from the Designer Series is Extravagance wich is stunning, even in indoor lighting/shade.

Anyways, Reflection has a coral-ish/reddish base color but as I mentioned before, in the shade it looks kinda faded. In this base you will find holographic particles that come alive when the sun hits your nails. The holo-effect is not as obvious as on other DS polishes but it does as a depth and vividness to Reflection. Formulawise: it applied like a dream. Two coats for these swatches. No problems here! I used OPI's Ridge Filler as a basecoat and Poshe for topcoat.

What is your favourite polish from the OPI designer Series? And if you could make up your dream holo, what would it be? I think I would opt for a true bright red as in ChG Ruby Pumps but then holo!

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!

4 comments:

Lois said...

I really like this color, but it isn´t very special or anything.. sort of boring. I guess I´m not really into reddish colors!

ShortAndSweetNails said...

I think it looks really good. I dont have a fave OPI DS polish :(

Floor / Marjolein said...

Hrm, het is wel een mooi kleurtje, maar niet zo speciaal inderdaad...

SilhouetteScreams said...

I generally prefer my holos to be super obvious, but I love the base colour of this shade :)

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments but please be respectfull and don't post links to your own blog :-)