Site Meter

Monday, April 12, 2010

OPI Hong Kong Collection - Pearl of Wisdom

Dear Lacqueristas,

Pearly polishes are just not really my thing. I don't like that no matter how tidy you apply the polish, brushstrokes will likely be visible. Pearl of wisdom caught my eye though because it's not just pearly but there's also shimmer. A pretty complex finish and that makes it interesting for layering.
Shade, 3 thick coats

Sun. See the shimmers?

Pearl of Wisdom is pretty sheer, it took me three thick layers to reach semi-opacity. Formula was excellent. I would use this polish to layer, I am sure you will see this back in my future posts.

Do you like pearlized polishes? Do you have a special trick on how to apply them flawless?
Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!

2 comments:

ShortAndSweetNails said...

In my mind pearlized polishes seem better than in real life. I guess these are meant for layering.

ggggg said...

I heard that for frosts you should use a base coat that dries to a shiny finish unlike one that dries to a matte finish (like Nail Ted Foundation, for instance). Some people use a top coat for a base coat when using frosts because of the sleek finish.

I haven't tried this though. You may want to try a test on your blog!

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments but please be respectfull and don't post links to your own blog :-)