Site Meter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catrice 010 Don't Feed The Birds swatches + comparison

Dear Lacqueristas,

Don't Feed The Birds??? The only connection I can make with this name is that they might have thought of feeding a canary. No idea why the people from Catrice came up with this name.
The polish is a happy fresh yellow WITH A SHIMMER. Believe me that I was lemming a polish like this. There are so many yellows with glitter or creme, but I never found a nice yellow with a shimmer.
I was a bit dissapointed however by the formula. I applied 5 coats and I just couldn't reach opacity. This polish does not streak and has jelly qualities to it but personally I find it's hard to pull of a yellow semi transperant polish. Kinda looks like I'm a smoker you know?! 
So... I swatched the polish for you but also used China Glazes Lemon Fizz as a base, and that was a winner. The soft pastel yellow base makes the 2 top coats of PDFTB so much more deep and vibrant. Also the shimmer is enhanced.
I also compared PDFTB to China Glazes Sunshine wich has the same happy yellow color but has coarse iridescent glitters. You could also layer Don't Feed The Birds on a white base, that will work too but since it's so sheer the white will shine through and change the colour altogether.

Well girls, how do you feel about jelly yellows? And do you like my swatch better on the Lemon Fizz or would you sport the jelly by itself?

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!

1 comments:

ShortAndSweetNails said...

5 coats!!!! No way!!!
I kinda just like the ChG by itself.

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments but please be respectfull and don't post links to your own blog :-)