Site Meter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

China Glaze - Re-fresh mint (Up and away)

Dear lacqueristas,

I'm all into pastels lately and thats the reason I purchased this next polish. Re-fresh mint is a mint creme, the color is a pastel green with blue undertones. Application was not perfect, the polish was a bit gooey and streaky. I had the same experience with High Hopes from the same collection, too bad!
I didn't realize how unflattering a minty shade can be on a skin with red undertones... Just have a look to see what I mean:

3 coats, no topcoat. In direct sunlight.

It's such a shame that I feel like a big red lobster claw with this shade on my tips, because I'd totally rock it with a chique black outfit.


Close up in daylight, no sunlight

Who could pull this minty shade off? And how would you style your outfit to match it?

Hasta la vista, Laqueristas!

2 comments:

ShortAndSweetNails said...

I don't think it looks bad at all.
When I used mine I did have to add a bit of thinner cause it was a little thick.

Oh and I usually wear all black so that solves my outfit issues..HAHA

Sara Elizabeth said...

this shade totally gives me lobster hands too

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments but please be respectfull and don't post links to your own blog :-)